In order to make any form of operation as less invasive as possible via the creation of methods requiring a small incision through which an endoscope is passed and severe tissues are blended with a laser, the laser spinal operation has been developed as a part of the recent developments in the world. These processes lead to lower injury and reduced blood loss for the patient compared with major processes. Through the many contemporary methods that are undergoing a notable surgeon, minimally invasive spinal surgeries are increasingly effective. The technical term laser back operation is called Minimally Invasive or Laser Endoscopic or Laser Spine Surgery.
spine surgery hospitals
In comparison with the use of a scalpel, laser rectal operation needs only a 1⁄4 to 3⁄4 inch cut, which gives a great advantage through many different types of surgery are identical to many of the major rectal operations with a therapeutic objective. Laser spine operation is not performed under typical anesthesia, unlike significant spine operations. Instead, the patient is performed under the so-called “twilight sleep” or “deliberate sedation,” which is not painful and awake enough to react to the issues of the surgeon. A percutaneous injection provides anesthesia for deliberate sedation.
Instead of being cut in major invasive surgeries, laser spine surgery spreads the muscles and soft tissues. Blood loss can also be avoided as any cut blood vessels are promptly cauterized. These aspects lead to faster recovery time for the patient. In just 2 weeks, the patient can return to work and live without limitations after 6 weeks.
Obese patients can also be operated on quite simply and only a few would need postoperative pain medicines. Some doctors may even conduct these operations in an outpatient setting. Not all spine surgery hospitals would be ready to perform specific kinds of endoscopic backbone surgery based on the Spine Institute and pain management center and its facilities and the preparation of its surgeons. In this respect, you should know which neuro surgery hospitals have the best equipment and experts who can work with you if you plan endoscopic spinal operations. We have a good spinal center providing a wide variety of laser spinal operations.
Their physicians can perform these endoscopic procedures outlined below…
- Foraminotomy – excision of the top of the intervertebral foramen;
- Foraminoplasty – in cases foraminal stenosis, this procedure increases the size of the intervertebral foramen;
- Laminotomy- The spinal cord or nerve root of the damaged vertebral arch lamina is excised during operation ;
- Facetectomy – the articular facet of a vertebra is excised in this procedure;
- Facet Joint Surgery;
- Corpectomy – extraction of a vertebral body;
- Spinal Fusion Alternatives;
- Laminoforaminoplasty – As a way to prevent deeper impingement on nerves, bone is extracted to modify the lamina and foramen;
- Endoscopic Hardware Excision;
- Thoracic Discectomy;
- Ligament Injury Surgery;
- Sacroiliac Joint Surgery;
- Nowadays, the study and improvement on different types of laser spine surgery carry on and these cited above are just some of them.
- Laser spine surgery is what they call the “gold standard” for the surgical treatment of back pain, lumbar, thoracic, and cervical disc herniation with radicular symptoms.
BENEFITS OF LASER SPINE SURGERY
- The benefits of this minimally invasive procedure include:
- More effective surgical outcomes
- Faster recovery time and less post-operative pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less anesthesia and radiation exposure
- Smaller incisions leading to less scarring
- Reduced blood loss during surgery
- Reduced risk of infection
THE SYMPTOMS & CONDITIONS THAT BENEFIT THE MOST
While laser spine surgery is not the most effective treatment option for all conditions, it can benefit the following symptoms and conditions:
- Back or neck pain without radiating pain into the arms or legs
- Back pain that affects the buttocks, hips, and/or legs
- Weakness and/or numbness in the arms/legs
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Bulging or Herniated Disc
- Pinched Nerve
- Spinal Stenosis
FIND OUT IF LASER SPINE SURGERY HOSPITAL IS RIGHT FOR YOU
The spinal specialists at Jalandhar Spine Surgeon will perform a thorough evaluation and provide treatment recommendations based on the patient’s recovery goals. Laser spine surgery may not be appropriate for all patients and may not be recommended as the safest, most effective treatment option for your condition.